REFEREE RATINGS FOR 2009-2010
A quick listing of the referees Saints have in their
competitive games this season along with an average rating out of 10 and
description of the various cock-ups they made. Suggestions for suitable
awards to the best/ worst of the season and any additional ratings to
Votes are available for perusal
for 1997-98, 1998-99,
2001-02, 2002-03 ,2003-04,
2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09
Match Details + Total Ratings
William Collum- Back to Ref League Table
- 22/08/2009 TFOE v Saints 15 (3 votes) - Not a bad game but missed a couple of offsides. Still we've had worse against the OF.
- 17/10/2009 Saints v TFOD 52 (9 votes) - Decent enough game - missed some nasty challenged but fairly consistent.
- 28/11/2009 Saints v Accies 20 (6 votes) - He might be ok if he ever grows a spine to deal with some of the challenges we suffered
- 24/01/2010 Saints v TFOE 38 (6 votes) - Gave us a penalty but some of the decisions were shaky. Got the red card right though.
- 08/05/2010 Saints v Accies 10 (5 votes) - Total and utter crap. The guy is an embarrassment.
to Ref League Table
- 06/02/2010 Saints v Arabs (Scottish Cup) 18 (6 votes) - Piss poor with cards reserved for Saints players only and a stonewaller penalty denied.
- 06/03/2010 Saints v Well 34 (6 votes) - Decent enough game with cards kept to a minimum.
- 05/05/2010 Falkirk v Saints 13 (5 votes) - Absolute pish. He just doesn't like Murray Davidson or the Doc.
Iain Brines - Back to Ref League Table
- 01/05/2010 Killie v Saints 22 (5 votes) - Pretty dismal afternoon - Failed to send Wright off for raising his hands and denied Liam a penalty.
(Edinburgh)- Back to Ref League Table
- 15/08/2009 Saints v Motherwell 38 (11 votes) - Welcome back to the SPL with crap cards and a referee whose interpretation of advantage is at odds with the Oxford English Dictionary, never mind the rules of the game
- 26/09/2009 Saints v Dundee Utd 27 (13 votes) - Absolute and utter crap. A man whose definition of consistency is to award everything to the opposition. A non-existent penalty for them and half-a dozen stonewallers for us. Total disgrace.
- 31/10/2009 Saints v Falkirk 40 (6 votes) - Good game for a change with few cards and some consistency.
- 12/12/2009 TFOD v Saints 16 (3 votes) - Not a bad game - no cards and tried to play some advantages
- 03/02/2010 Saints v TFOD (CIS Cup) 51 (8 votes) - Penalty for them as usual but not a bad game
- 24/04/2010 Saints v Sheep 30 (6 votes) - Not a bad game - clamped down on the timewasting and kept the cards in his pockets.
Charlie Richmond- Back to Ref League Table
- 22/09/2009 Hibs v Saints (CIS Cup) 32 (7 votes) - Soft penalty for them and some soft bookings but at least the diving didn't get rewarded.
- 03/10/2009 Hamilton v Saints 41 (8 votes) - No major controversy but couldn't resist dishing out needless cards
- 16/03/2010 Saints v Aberdeen 37 (6 votes) - Couple of soft cards but let the game flow so no real complaints.
- 17/04/2010 Saints v St Midden 17 (8 votes) - Absolutely dire.
Calum Murray- Back to Ref League Table
- 05/12/2009 Saints v Killie 18 (5 votes) - Pretty poor - only dished out cards late on after allowing so much timewasting it ruined the game.
- 18/01/2010 Forfar v Saints 4 (1 votes) - No vote from me as I wasn't there.
- 20/03/2010 Celtic v Saints 17 (3 votes) - Bit card-happy but nothing too controversial to deal with.
- 11/04/2010 Aberdeen v Saints 19 (4 votes) - Pish cards and a poor scrappy performance
Steve Conroy- Back to Ref League Table
- 26/08/2009 Arbroath v Saints (CIS Cup) 41 (6 votes) - Good game, let the play flow and ignored some heavy but fair challenge
- 27/10/2009 Saints v United (CIS Cup) 39 (9 votes) - No cards but let some heavy challenges go unpunished. At least he didn't fall for the diving antics.
- 26/12/2009 Motherwell v Saints 36 (7 votes) - One card but some poor decisions at times. Not his best game
- 05/04/2010 Saints v Arabs 13 (5 votes) - Got a penalty right but inconsistent and let the Arabs away with too much diving.
Mike Tumilty- Back to Ref League Table
- 30/08/2009 Saints v Hearts 79 (12 votes) - Let the game flow and took no crap from players. Used linesmen well so no real complaints.
- 19/12/2009 Saints v Midden 28 (6 votes) - Decent enough game but little protection for the Saints strikers.
- 10/02/2010 St Midden v Saints 17 (4 votes) - Utterly dire. Far too whistle-happy tonight and failed to control the game.
- 30/03/2010 Saints v TFOD 32 (7 votes) - We won the game but some soft cards and controversial decisions didn't help him.
to Ref League Table
- 27/02/2010 Accies v Saints 18 (7 votes) - Utter pish with some wacky cards and an inability to time a game.
Euan Norris - Back to Ref League Table
- 19/09/2009 Hibs v Saints 33 (6 votes) - Not a bad game with the cards in the pocket and little real controversy.
- 07/11/2009 Aberdeen v Saints 19 (6 votes) - Idiotic disgrace that gave them a soft penalty and ignored some heavy challenges from their thugs
- 30/01/2009 Saints v Hearts 26 (6 votes) - Some petty cards and turned down a penalty for us. Not his best day.
- 23/03/2010 Saints v Falkirk 26 (6 votes) - Dodgy cards and pissed off both sets of fans.
Stevie O'Reilly- Back to Ref League Table
- 21/11/2009 Hearts v Saints 35 (7 votes) - Red-carded Goncalves but some soft cards dished out. Still at least he kept some control on the game.
- 27/01/2010 Utd v Saints 22 (4 votes) - Decent enough game although got card-happy near the end.
- 13/03/2010 Falkirk v Saints 45 (11 votes) - Absolutely rubbish - far too whistle happy and the Saints penalty was about the only decision he got right.
Alan Muir- Back to Ref League Table
- 24/10/2009 Killie v Saints 18 (3 votes) - Not a bad game but some soft cards dished out.
- 27/02/2010 Hibs v Saints 35 (9 votes) - Two penalties, loads of cards and some really bad decisions. Not his best game
Brian Winter Back to Ref League Table
- 17/02/2010 Saints v Hibs 52 (8 votes) - Some strange decisions but gave us a penalty and kept card to a minimum
Stephen Finnie- Back to Ref League Table
- 13/02/2010 Killie v Saints 15 (4 votes) - Crap performance and some really dodgy decisions
Steven Nicholls - Back to Ref League Table
- 12/09/2009 St Midden v Saints 22 (12 votes) - Absolutely horrendous - when a game finishes level and both sets of fans hate the referee you have to question his competence. This man is an idiot.
Back to Ref League Table
- 01/08/2009 Stenhousemuir v Saints (CIS Cup) 42 (8 votes) - Not a bad game and tried to keep the cards to a minimum. Some hefty challenges were allowed to go unpunished though.